Interested in donating your stuff?
We have a drop off area in the Bank of America parking lot. Parking is also available in the lot, which is accessible from Washington Street or Cohasset Street. Once you’ve arrived, please call us at 617-325-5300. Please review our donation guidelines before dropping off.
Looking for pick up service?
The Thrift Shop of Boston does provide pick up service for furniture items. If you are interested in donating furniture, please email us photos of the items, along with your location and a time frame for the pick up.
- Accessories- (Belts, Gloves, Handbags, Hats, Pocketbooks, Knapsacks, Scarves, Ties, Wallets, Etc.)
- Antiques and Collectibles- Furniture, Lamps, Bric-a-Brac
- Appliances (small)- IE Blenders, Crock Pots, Food Processors, Juicers, Microwaves, Newer Toasters
- Books- Hardcover, Paperback and Current Magazines
- Brand New Toys
- Children’s Items- Strollers and High Chairs
- Clothing- Women’s, Men’s and Children’s (*Gently used with no stains or tears.)
- Electronics- DVD players, Flat screen TVs, Hairdryers/Curlers/Straighteners, Phones, Radios, Record Players, Stereos, Speakers, Surge Protectors
- Gardening and Landscaping Tools
- Housewares and Decorative items- Trinkets, Lamps, Rugs, Mirrors, Vases
- Kitchen Items- China, Dishes, Glassware, Pots & Pans, Utensils, Etc
- Linens – Bedspreads, Blankets, Curtains, Tablecloths, Decorative Pillows
- Musical Instruments- excluding Pianos
- New Sporting Goods
- Records, Tapes, CDs, DVDs, VHS and Video Games
- Shoes- Athletic Footwear, Boots, Sneakers, Etc.
- Tools- Including Power Tools
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Beds- Frames, Mattresses or Box Springs
- Car Seats
- Cleaning Products
- College Textbooks
- Computer Equipment- Laptops, Hard Drives, Printers, Fax Machines and Monitors
- Drop Cribs
- Fire Extinguishers
- Foot Baths (used)
- Grills- Coal and Propane
- Hazardous Materials- including Gas, Oil, Butane, Auto Parts
- Helmets (used)
- Humidifiers – or other filter based air purifiers
- Office Furniture – including Large Desks and Conference Tables
- Opened Toiletries
- Random Cables
- Stuffed Animals
- Television Armoires
- Used, Unsorted Toys
- Upholstered Couches and Chairs with Stains, Tears or Sun Damage
- Vintage Exercise Equipment and Sporting Goods- IE Hockey Pads, Nordic Track, Out-of-Date Skis
We thank you in advance for your consideration in donating only gently used and salable items to our non-profit shop!