ATTENTION DONORS – OUR INVENTORY OF MEN’S CLOTHING IS LOW. PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING GENTLY USED MEN’S CLOTHING TO SUPPORT OUR ORGANIZATION!
How to support our work?
We are a mission driven organization with a goal to raise funds to support at-risk children and families through The Home For Little Wanderers.
Here are some thoughts to consider prior to donating goods to our shop. Is the donated item safe for someone else to use? Has it been recalled? Are there electrical issues? Have the items been stored in a basement for a long time? Are mold and mildew on the containers and items?
Donated items should be clean and in usable condition. For example, if you wouldn’t purchase an item at a second hand shop due to its condition, then it’s probably not a good idea to donate the item to our shop. Many unsalable and unusable items end up in our trash receptacles. This becomes a huge cost for our organization and impacts the proceeds, which go to The Home for Little Wanderers. Thank you for your consideration!
Interested in donating your stuff?
The Thrift Shop accepts donations by appointment on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. We have a drop off area in the former Bank of America parking lot, located behind The Thrift Shop. Parking for Thrift Shop customers is also available in the lot, which is accessible from Washington Street or Cohasset Street. Once you’ve arrived, ring the service bell at the back entrance or call us at 617-325-5300. Please review our donation guidelines before dropping off.
Looking for pick up service?
The Thrift Shop of Boston does provide pick up service for furniture items. Please note that there is a $50 fee for van pick ups and $150 fee for large truck pick ups. If you are interested in donating furniture, please email us photos of the items, along with your location and a time frame for the pick up.
- Accessories- Belts, Gloves, Handbags, Hats, Pocketbooks, Knapsacks, Scarves, Ties, Wallets, Etc.
- Antiques and Collectibles- Furniture, Lamps, Bric-a-Brac
- Appliances (small)- IE Blenders, Crock Pots, Food Processors, Juicers, Microwaves, Newer Toasters
- Books- Hardcover, Paperback and Current Magazines
- Children’s Items- Strollers and High Chairs
- Clothing- Women’s, Men’s and Children’s (*Gently used with no stains or tears.)
- Electronics- DVD players, Flat screen TVs, Hairdryers/Curlers/Straighteners, Phones, Radios, Record Players, Stereos, Speakers, Surge Protectors
- Games – Board Games, Puzzles
- Gardening and Landscaping Tools
- Housewares and Decorative items- Trinkets, Lamps, Rugs, Mirrors, Vases
- Kitchen Items- China, Dishes, Glassware, Pots & Pans, Utensils, Etc
- Linens – Bedspreads, Blankets, Curtains, Tablecloths, Decorative Pillows
- Musical Instruments- excluding Pianos
- Records, Cassettes, CDs, DVDs, and Video Games
- Shoes- Athletic Footwear, Boots, Sneakers, Etc.
- Sporting Goods – Weights, New Equipment (within last couple years)
- Tools- Including Power Tools
- Toys- New and Organized
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Beds- Headboards, Foot boards, Frames, Mattresses or Box Springs
- Bed Linens – sheets, bed skirts, pillow cases, pillows (Brand New is Acceptable)
- Car Seats
- Cleaning Products
- Computer Equipment- Laptops, Hard Drives, Printers, Fax Machines and Monitors
- Couches and Upholstered Chairs with Stains, Tears or Sun Damage
- Fire Extinguishers
- Foot Baths (used)
- Grills- Coal and Propane
- Hazardous Materials- including Gas, Oil, Butane, Auto Parts
- Helmets (used)
- Humidifiers – or other filter based air purifiers
- Junk Drawer Content – Multitudes of small trivial items
- Mattresses, Box Springs
- Office Furniture – including Large Desks and Conference Tables
- Opened Toiletries
- Random Cables
- Sleep Sofas, Futons
- Stuffed Animals
- Televisions – Older models, IE Tube TVs, Rear Projection Flat TVs
- Television Armoires
- Textbooks – College, Elementary, High School, Encyclopedias, ETC
- Toys – Used or Unsorted
- Vases from Florist
- VHS Tapes
- Vintage Exercise Equipment and Sporting Goods- IE Hockey Pads, Nordic Track, Out-of-Date Skis